- The kinds of personal information we collect
- How we collect and hold it;
- The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- Your right to access and seek correction of it;
- How you may complain about privacy matters; and
- Our sharing of your personal information overseas.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide such as:
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Billing (and optionally shipping) address
- A note about payment method you use
- Your customer reference ID
- What, how and when you buy from us or have expressed an interest in buying from us; and
- Your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
We may combine the information you submit with information from other Mico’s Store services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. This won’t occur without your consent unless necessary for site security. This data is retained for as long as you have an active account with Mico’s Store.
- Log information – These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. These logs are retained for a period of 60 days and are used for anti-fraud and website security purposes. After this time, these logs are automatically deleted.
- Traffic information – When you access the services of Mico’s Store via browser, application, or other, clients we record certain information using our traffic analysis tool, Google Analytics. This information is stored in an anonymised manner but does include data such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. These logs are retained for a period of 50 months and are used for content and marketing planning purposes so that we can improve our content and services. After this time, these logs are automatically deleted.
- User communications – When you send an email or other communications to Mico’s Store, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services or products but never to send you communications that are not related to your purchases or that you haven’t opted into.
- Location data – Mico’s Store offers location-enabled services. If you use those services, Mico’s Store may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID). This data is not recorded without your permission and is not held for any longer than the period required to deliver the specific service.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of Mico’s Store or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Advertising Cookie and OPT-OUT
Anyone may opt-out of the Google cookie at any time by going to your Google Ad Settings. You may also opt-out of the Facebook cookie at any time by going to your Facebook Ad Settings.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
- We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to service providers or third party suppliers.
- When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Mico’s Store only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Mico’s Store in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Mico’s Store, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including use of appropriate technologies and physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Mico’s Store employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
You can use your account on the Mico’s Online website to review and control the information stored in your Mico’s Online account. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some of the Mico’s Store features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Accessing And Updating Personal Information
When you use Mico’s Store services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected, or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may also remain in our backup systems for a period of time.
If you wish to access, correct, or remove your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on [contact number]
How can you complain about our management of personal information?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact our Privacy Officer at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it. We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.
Our Privacy Officer will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. Our Privacy Officer will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If our Privacy Officer does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, our Privacy Officer will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner’s contact details.
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au (email: email@example.com) or call 1300 363 992) (Australia).